Service Connected?


Where can I start to get the VA to cover the cost of a specialist's recommended hearing implant? I heard that the VA has covered these costs for some veterans.


Jim's Reply:

Is your hearing loss service connected?

If so the VA has a pretty good record of providing hearing aids,  any necessary cochlear implants and so on. If your hearing loss is service connected the place to start for cochlear implants is your primary care provider. That person can refer you up the chain to the ones who provide the advanced assistive devices. Good luck.