Process for Requesting Records from a Theater of Conflict (e.g. Iraq/Afghanistan) Stored in a Theater Medical Data Store (TMDS)
1. Contact any military Medical Treatment Facility’s Patient Administration Division, stateside or deployed, and request specifically deployed medical records and inform them that they need to look them up in TMDS.
2. The requestor will need to submit the following:
- DD 2870 completed and signed by the veteran authorizing release of records to you the requestor
- Copy of Identification for veteran and you the requestor
3. Once the request has been received you will receive an email from AMRDEC SAFE, the Army’s Safe Access File Exchange service. The email will provide you with a link and a password for one-time use. Follow the link and download the records in PDF form.