Rated Amount?



I was awarded 100 percent disability yesterday.. I am married but the amount I received was for a single person. What should I do? I have prostate cancer. I was in Vietnam 1969-70. Thank you for all you do.


Jim's Reply:

When these things happen, and they happen all too frequently, you need to backtrack to the source of your claim. If you used the services of a VSO, return to that service. If you were one who did it yourself, trace your path and send a letter to the address you submitted the claim to. If you filed electronically...well, you get the idea. 

Patience and persistence will win the day. Keep records so that if this takes a while you can show receipts for certified mail and so on. Good luck.