TVC Mail Call

TVC Mail Call is a regularly published column that answers real questions submitted by you, our visitors. You can read the collection of already published answers to see if we have answered a similar question or you can ask a question of your own below.

We are currently only accepting questions about:

  • Discharge Upgrades
  • VA Claim Appeals
Step 1
What is your question about?

At this time, we cannot answer questions about other topics. However, there are lots of answers to be found on this website. A good place to start is our Self Help Tool section.
Questions about your appeal
Have you received a final decision from the Board of Veterans' Appeals?
Have you filed an appeal with the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims?
Questions about the discharge upgrade
Would you like assistance in upgrading your discharge?
Step 2
Step 3
Terms and Conditions of Participation

Using this tool does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Veterans Consortium, Pine Tree Legal Assistance, Inc., or any of the organizations' employees.

This tool provides general answers to your questions (see previous questions and answers for examples). The people answering questions will only answer the relevant question you submit and cannot do anything for you beyond that. No one from this site will:

  • Call you;
  • Make calls or file papers for you;
  • Go to meetings for you; or
  • Go to court for you.
Using this tool means you understand this.

Your question (and our answer) may be published as part of the TVC Mail Call column. Any private or identifying information (people's names, addresses, birthdates, phone numbers, etc.) will be deleted before publication. Questions may be edited for clarity and length.

Please know that we try to answer every question we receive. Answers are not immediate. You can expect a reply within one publication cycle, which is approximately one month.

Again, we are not creating an attorney-client relationship. If you need an attorney, you can go to TVC's website to apply for free legal help. If you don't qualify for TVC's assistance, you can go to our Find Legal Help page for an attorney near you.