How to change a reenlistment code

Discharge Upgrades

How to change a reenlistment code

March 19, 2024

I am looking to rejoin the military as an officer and have been coded a certain way in which I am unable to rejoin. How can I get the code removed to be able to join again?


You can complete a DD 293 to ask for the Discharge Review Board (DRB) to change the code, but you will need to submit evidence as to why it should be changed. The burden of proof is on you, as the veteran, to show the military did something wrong during your discharge. Please be aware that even if the DRB changes your code, that does not necessarily mean you will be able to reenlist. That decision is up to the recruiter.

Good luck!