Heart Block?


While on active duty, I had an ECG show a 1st degree AV heart block. I just now saw this in my records after being retired 4 years and with only a 10% rating for a palm scar. Can I submit the active duty ECG with a new claim to get the 30% rating? Thank you!


Jim's Reply:

Is the heart block a disabling condition for which you're being treated with medicine? If so you should file a claim.

Otherwise the finding of a 1st degree heart block isn't at all unusual and it generally isn't disabling and requires no treatment. You can try to file a claim but I have doubts. Good luck!