Jim, Is it possible to win a housing grant with bad knees and the need for a walker? Or is this grant generally reserved for amputees or paralyzed individuals?


Jim's Reply:

Housing and other grants for adaptive devices generally require that you are unable to accomplish all or most of the Activities of Daily Living

I too use a walker or a cane for my worn out hips and lower back and the fact is that if we can still get around and care for ourselves, VA doesn't see where we need such grants.

You can apply but I have my doubts. Good luck sir.